Currywurst is one of the most popular German fast food snacks.
The sauce has an amazing flavor and is great for other bbq recipes too.
German Curry Sausage
- 4 links Bavarian Bratwurst (alternatively stadium brats or franks)
- 1 small onion (finely chopped)
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 1 cup tomato ketchup
- 1/2 cup cola
- 1 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1.5 tbsp. honey
- 1 tbsp. brown sugar
- 1 tbsp. curry powder
- 1 dash Worcestershire sauce
- 1 pinch chili powder
- 1/4 cup apple sauce
- Fry onion in olive oil till translucent.
- Add all ingredients in sauce pan and bring to simmer.
- Reduce sauce for about 15 minutes.
- Fry brats and cut into slices.
- Portion in little bowls or plates and ladle sauce over the sliced sausage.
- Sprinkle with curry powder.
The sauce should be very thick, like honey.
Serve with a Kaiser roll or french fries.