Homemade Vanilla Sugar
Vanilla sugar is a crucial ingredient in German baking recipes. It is easy to make yourself and it brings an amazing flavor to your baking goods that is different to the usual vanilla extract.
Servings: 2 cups
- 1 whole vanilla bean
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 Mason jar or airtight container
- Add sugar to a small bowl.
- Split vanilla bean down its length and scrape out seeds with a paring knife.
- Add the seeds to the sugar and blend well.
- Cut vanilla bean into 2-inch-long pieces and add to a Mason jar.
- Add sugar to Mason jar, close lid and shake well.
- Allow to sit for a couple of days before usage.