What is it?
Contemporary Bavarian party food.
How is it called in German?
“Häppchen” is the German word for a “Nibble”.
White Sausage Bites
This hearty finger food is a great idea for your Oktoberfest buffet.
This German finger food is so easy and fast to make and still very decorative.
- 4 Bavarian Sausages (Weißwurst)
- 4 Soft Pretzel Sticks
- 8 tbsp. Bavarian Mustard
- Fill a saucepan with water and bring to a boil.
- Take the saucepan off the heat and place sausages in the hot water.
- Cover the pan with lid.
- Let sit for about 15 minutes.
- Let cool to the touch and remove the skin carefully.
- Cut the sausages and the pretzel sticks into inch-thick slices.
- Add Bavarian mustard on each pretzel roll piece and top with a Bavarian sausage slice. Assemble with an appetizer pick for easy consumption.
Use our DIY appetizer stick printables to make your own Oktoberfest inspired appetizer picks for just a few cents.
Incude your kides. It is a great activity and these cute little appetizer picks make a great decoration for all of your German inspired food.