Bavarian Sausage Bites
Bavarian sausage bites are very popular at any Oktoberfest celebration. Kids love them as much as Oma. Use one of our printables in the decoration section to make your own Oktoberfest appetizer picks.
- 4 Bavarian Sausages (Weißwurst)
- 4 Soft Pretzel Sticks
- 8 tbsp. Bavarian Mustard
- Fill a saucepan with water and bring to a boil.
- Take the saucepan off the heat and place sausages in the hot water.
- Cover the pan with lid.
- Let sit for about 15 minutes.
- Let cool to the touch and remove the skin carefully.
- Cut the sausages and the pretzel sticks into inch-thick slices.
- Add Bavarian mustard on each pretzel roll piece and top with a Bavarian sausage slice. Assemble with an appetizer pick for easy consumption.
Serve them cold, luke warm or hot. They taste wonderful and are a real crowd pleaser!