Bavarian Sausage Salad
Bavarian sausage salad is one of the most favorite dishes in German beer gardens and is a staple at the famous Oktoberfest in Munich.
- 1 pound smoked sausage
- 12 oz. of your favorite pickle chips in i.e. bread & butter chips pickles
- 1 tsp. mustard
- 2 tbsp. pickle juice
- 1 pinch sugar
- 2 tbsp. white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp. coarse salt
- 1/2 tsp. coarse pepper
- 1 red onion thinly sliced rings
- 4 tbsp. vegetable oil
- In a large bowl add mustard, pickle juice, sugar, vinegar, salt and pepper and mix well.
- Slice the onion in thin rings.
- Remove the sausage casings and slice into thin slices.
- Drain pickles and place them, the sausage slices, and onion rings into the vinaigrette.
- Add oil and toss to combine.
- Cover and marinate for at least 30 minutes.
Serve with a Kaiser roll, pretzel or a slice of fresh farmer´s bread!