Bienenstich mit Biskuitboden
Bee Sting Sponge Cake
Bienenstich or bee sting cake called in English is one of the most famous German cakes. Watch this video to see learn how to make an easy and fast version of a bee sting sponge cake.
- 5 large eggs
- 1 ¼ cup sugar
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup almond flour
- ½ cup corn starch
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 4 tbsp. butter
- ¾ cup almond slices
- 6 tbsp. butter
- ¼ cup sugar
- 5 tbsp. honey
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2 packages vanilla pudding
- Melt butter and set aside.
- Beat eggs, sugar, and salt for about 10 min. on highest setting of your kitchen blender.
- Combine flour, almond flour, corn starch and baking powder and sift into the bowl with the egg mixture.
- Fold in carefully on the lowest mixer setting or by hand.
- Add melted butter and mix carefully.
- Line the bottom of a springform pan with baking paper.
- Add the batter and sprinkle with almonds.
- Bake at 350 F for 35 to 40 min.
- Melt butter, sugar and honey in a small pot.
- Pour over the warm cake.
- Let the cake cool completely.
- Mix the heavy whipping cream with the instant pudding mix.
- Cut cake into two halves and fill with pudding mix.
- Optional: Sprinkle with powdered sugar.