German Potato Side Dish
It is a wonderful all-purpose potato with the perfect level of starch to hold its shape when boiled without skin.
German Potato Side Dish Salzkartoffeln
- 1 pound of firm potatoes (i.e. Yukon Gold, Red Bliss, Carola, Inca Gold, Rose Gold etc.)
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- Cold water
- Wash the potatoes and then peel them.
- Make sure you cut off any bad parts.
- Rinse potatoes and cut into equal sized pieces to make sure they will cook evenly.
- Add the potatoes to a medium sized pot.
- Cover them with cold water and add the salt.
Put the lid on and bring to a boil, then lower to medium heat and boil for about 10 to 20 min.
Use the point of a sharp knife to check if they are done. Make sure you don´t overcook them.
- Pour out the water and let them steam out in a strainer or directly in the pot.