Rustic German Bread
Learn how easy and fast you can bake a rustic German bread. This bread is very tasty and stays fresh for at least a week.
Servings: 1 Loaf
- 2 cups white flour
- 1 1/4 cups wheat flour
- 1 cup rye flour
- 1 tbsp. instant yeast
- 1 tbsp. coarse Kosher salt
- 1 tbsp. bread spice blend
- 1 1/2 tbsp. honey
- 1 1/3 cups warm water
- In a large bowl blend flour, salt, yeast, and bread spice.
- Add honey and warm water and knead for about 5 min.
- Allow dough to rest for about 10 min.
- Form the bread and cover with clean kitchen towel.
- Allow to rest for about 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 425 Fahrenheit.
- Generously spray water on the floor of the oven and bake the bread for 10 min.
- Then reduce the heat to 375 and bake for an additional 20 - 30 min.
German Bread Spice
Healthy Bread Rolls
German Potato Bread