German Apricot Cake with White Chocolate Almond Topping
This German apricot cake with almonds and white chocolate is not only delicious but it one of the fastest cakes you can put together.
Servings: 8 Portions
For the batter:
- 8 tbsp. melted butter
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 tbsp. vanilla sugar
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- 3 eggs
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 ½ cups flour
- 2 tbsp. heavy whipping cream
For the Topping
- 3 small cans apricots
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 1/8 cup white chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 Fahrenheit.
- Add all ingredients for the dough into a bowl and mix to a smooth batter.
- Spray a casserole dish with cooking spray and fill with batter.
- Drain the apricots and arrange them on top of the batter.
- Sprinkle with sliced almond and white chocolate chips.
- Bake for about 50 min.
- Leave in the casserole dish to cool completely and then sprinkle with powdered sugar.
Serving Tip: Serve with heavy whipping cream and/or vanilla ice cream.