German Apple Cake With Sour Cream
Learn how to make a very fast version of a German apple cake. The recipe for the dough incorporates sour cream which makes the cake wonderfully moist. If you love apple cake but don´t want to spend a lot of time baking, you should give this recipe a try.
- 10 tbsp. butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 eggs
- 2 ½ cup flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 2/3 cup sour cream
- 1 tsp. lemon zest
- 3 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 2 tbsp. very cold butter
- 6-8 small apples
- 4 tbsp. lemon juice
- 2 tbsp. powdered sugar
- 1 tbsp. soft butter
- Zest the lemon.
- Peel apples, core and cut into halves.
- Sprinkle with lemon juice.
- Grease a spring form pan with soft butter or butter spray.
- Sprinkle the spring form pan with brown sugar.
- Finely slice 2 tbsp. of butter and top the brown sugar with butter slices.
- Add the apples with the round end to the pan.
- Beat the butter, salt and the sugar until light and fluffy.
- Gradually add the eggs and beat for about 5 min.
- In the meantime, mix flour and baking powder in one bowl and sour cream, lemon zest and lemon juice in another bowl.
- Add flour and sour cream alternating to the bowl while beating.
- Place the batter on top of the apples and spread evenly.
- Bake for 50 -60 min. at 350 F in a preheated oven. Set a heatproof pan or aluminum foil below the cake in case some liquid _ leaks out of the cake pan.
- Let the cake cool for about 10 min. and flip on a cake plate.
- Allow to cool completely and sprinkle with powdered sugar.