German Chocolate Buttercream
This German buttercream features a creamy rich chocolate flavor.
Servings: 1 1/2 cups
- 1 stick soft unsalted butter
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 tsp. vanilla paste
- 1/8 cup cocoa powder
- 1/3 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- Beat the butter on high speed for about 5 minutes until light and creamy.
- In the meantime, melt the chocolate chips in the microwave for 30 sec. Stir well and repeat for 15 sec. Stir until the chocolate is smooth.
- Add the cocoa powder, vanilla paste, melted chocolate and salt to the bowl.
- Beat on high speed for about 3 – 5 min.
- Add half of powdered sugar and beat on medium speed for about 2 min. Add the other half of the powdered sugar and beat on high speed for another 3 – 5 min. until the frosting is light and fluffy.