How is this dessert called in German?
What is Käsesahne Dessert?
A creamy dessert based on quark with mandarin oranges.
German Cream Cheese Cake Dessert
Käsesahne dessert is a creamy German cheese cake dessert inspired by the popular German cake called Käsesahnetorte.
This cream dessert is the perfect finale for your next German inspired dinner.
- 2 cups quark or 1 cup Greek yoghurt plus 1 cup sour cream
- 2 ¼ cups Greek yoghurt
- 1 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 1 tbsp. lemon extract
- 1 lemon zest and juice
- 1 tbsp. gelatin
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 cans mandarin oranges
- 4 oz. Butterkekse (German butter cookies) or vanilla wafers
- Drain mandarin oranges and save the juice.
- Add the gelatin to a microwave safe bowl and add about 2-3 tbsp. of the mandarin orange juice on top of the gelatin. Stir well and set aside.
- Whip the heavy cream until stiff peaks form.
- To a large bowl, add quark or sour cream with yoghurt, a pinch of salt, sugar, lemon zest, lemon juice, lemon extract and mix well for a couple of minutes.
- Microwave the gelatin mix for about 30 sec.
- Stir well and add to the bowl with the cream mix.
- Whisk for a couple of min. and make sure everything is well combined.
- Fold whipped cream into the cream mixture.
- Carefully blend the fruit into the mixture.
- Layer cookies and the cream mixture alternating in glasses or a serving bowl.
- Chill for at least 4 hour or overnight.
You can make this dessert with all kinds of berries instead of mandarin oranges.