Schwarzwälder Kirschtorte Eiscreme
Black Forest Cake Ice Cream
Delicious creamy vanilla ice cream with chocolate shavings, indulging cherry sauce, and soft chocolate cake pieces.
Servings: 2 Quarts
- 1 3/4 cups heavy whipping cream
- 14 ounces 14 oz. cold sweetened condensed milk, fat-free or regular
- 1/2 bar dark chocolate (i.e. Lindt Excellence)
- 1 cup cherry pie filling
- 1 cup chocolate cake pieces
- 1 shot Kirsch Schnapps (German cherry brandy)
- Refrigerate the sweetened condensed milk in the fridge overnight or place it in the freezer for about 2 hours.
- Break or cut the chocolate cake into penny sized pieces and drizzle with the cherry brandy (optional).
- Use a vegetable grater or knife to cut the chocolate into small pieces.
- In a stand mixer bowl, whisk the cold heavy whipping cream until peaks form.
- Add the cold condensed milk to the stand mixer bowl.
- Whisk the mixture on high for about 2 min.
- Remove the whisk and add the cherry pie filling, the chocolate and cake pieces.
- Fold in carefully until well combined.
- Transfer the mixture to one large or several serving-sized airtight containers.
- Freeze the ice cream for a minimum of 4 hours or overnight.
The ice cream will keep for up to 2 months in the freezer.