Käse-Sahnetorte mit Mandarinen
Creamy Cheese Cake with Mandarin Oranges Ice Cream
Creamy vanilla bean cheese cake ice cream with refreshing juicy mandarin oranges and moist cake pieces.
Servings: 2 Quarts
- 1 3/4 cups cold heavy whipping cream
- 1 can 14 oz. cold sweetened condensed milk, fat-free or regular
- 1 lemon (juice and zest)
- 2 tsp. lemon extract
- 2 cans 11 oz. each mandarin oranges
- 1 cup vanilla cake
- Refrigerate the sweetened condensed milk in the fridge overnight or place it for about 2 hours into the freezer.
- Break or cut the vanilla cake into penny sized pieces.
- Zest the lemon and squeeze the juice.
- Drain the mandarin oranges well.
- In a stand mixer bowl whisk the cold heavy whipping cream until peaks form.
- Add the cold condensed milk to the stand mixer bowl.
- Whisk the mixture on medium-high for about 2 min.
- Add the zest and the juice of the lemon to the mixture.
- For an additional flavor kick add 2 tsp. of lemon extract.
- Fold the flavors carefully until well combined.
- Transfer the mixture to one large or several serving-sized airtight containers.
- Freeze the ice cream for a minimum of 4 hours or overnight.
The ice cream will keep for up to 2 months in the freezer.