German Chocolate Mousse
Are you in the mood for an indulging dessert? Then this German chocolate mousse is an excellent choice. This is a foolproof recipe if you use a high-quality dark chocolate with 70 – 85% cocoa.
Servings: 4 - 8 Portions
- 5 egg yolks
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 5 oz. dark chocolate 70–85% cacao i.e. Lindt
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 pinch of salt
- Beat the heavy whipping cream until it forms stiff peaks.
- Beat eggs with sugar until fluffy and creamy.
- Temper the chocolate and mix gradually into the egg mixture.
- Fold in heavy whipping cream and chill for at least 2 hours in the fridge.