German Advocaat Liqueur
Homemade Eierlikör is kind of an Advocaat liqueur and is a very popular little drink at the famous German “Kaffeklatsch“. But you can use it for all kinds of mixed drinks, baked goods, desserts, and even as an ice cream topping.
- 8 egg yolks
- 250 g powdered sugar
- 175 ml evaporated milk
- 200 ml heavy whipping cream
- 250 ml brown rum
- Separate the eggs and beat the egg yolks on a double boiler for a couple of minutes.
- Add the powdered sugar and beat until smooth.
- Add the evaporated milk and the heavy whipping cream and beat on the double boiler until the mixture thickens to a creamy consistency. This step needs some patience as it will take about 5 to 10 minutes. Be careful that the mixture does not boil.
- Add the brown rum and stir for an additional about 3 to 4 minutes until it is thick and creamy.
- Remove the mixture from the heat and pour into clean bottles.
- Leave 1 inch of the bottle empty. The liquid will thicken over time and it can be difficult to pour it easily. Just add a shot of liquid heavy whipping cream or rum and shake well.