- 1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef
- ½ large onion
- 1 slice toast
- 1/4 cup warm milk
- 1/4 cup bread crumbs
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 1 tbsp. mustard
- 1 tsp. garlic paste
- 1/2 tsp. paprika powder
- 1/2 tsp. marjoram
- 1 tbsp. Butterschmalz plus 1 tbsp. vegetable oil
- or 2 tbsp. vegetable oil
- Break the toast slices into a small bowl and cover with warm milk.
- Peel and cube the onion.
- To large bowl add the ground meat, the eggs, pepper, salt, ground marjoram, paprika powder, mustard, garlic paste, and onions.
- Squeeze excess milk from the toast and add the toast to the other ingredients. Discard the milk.
- Mix everything briefly, add the bread crumbs and mix until everything is well combined.
- Shape the meat mixture into balls and flatten them lightly.
- Heat Butterschmalz and oil on medium-high heat.
- Fry the patties for about 10-15 minutes per side, until golden brown.