German Hunter Sauce
German Hunter Sauce. This sauce is perfect for Jagerschnitzel and Spaetzle and very easy to make from scratch.
- 1 pound cremini mushrooms
- 1 medium onion
- 3 oz. bacon finely cut into cubes
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tsp. butter
- 1 tbsp. flour
- 2 cubes dark basic sauce i.e. AllTastesGerman Recipe
- or 1/4 cup vegetable or chicken broth
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 1 tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. pepper
- Peel and chop onion finely.
- Cut bacon into small cubes.
- Clean the mushrooms and cut into slices.
- In a medium sized pan fry onion and bacon cubes until golden brown.
- Add mushrooms and cook for about 5 minutes or until almost tender.
- Melt in butter and sauce cubes.
- Sprinkle with flour and mix well.
- Add heavy whipping cream and bring to a boil and season with salt and pepper.
- Reduce to low heat and add sour cream.