German Vanilla Sauce
German homemade vanilla sauce is easy to make and has a indulging creamy texture.
Servings: 2 cups
- 1 tbsp. vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tbsp. corn starch
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 4 egg yolks
- In a sauce pan, mix corn starch with two tablespoons of cold milk.
- Separate egg yolks from egg whites and beat lightly.
- Bring rest of the milk, heavy whipping cream, sugar, salt and vanilla to a boil and set aside.
- Gradually whisk the egg yolks into the milk mixture.
- Cook mixture on low heat for about two minutes.
This vanilla sauce is the perfect companion for apple strudel, sweet yeast dumplings or waffles.