Waffles are a great dessert for a buffet station. Arranged with various toppings they will be popular for all age groups at your Oktoberfest celebration party.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 ⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 ⁄2 cup melted butter
- 2 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Separate egg whites and yolks in two bowls.
- Beat egg whites with a pinch of salt until it forms stiff peaks.
- Beat egg yolks, sugar and vanilla until fluffy.
- Mix melted butter with milk, and add to egg yolks.
- Add flour and baking powder and mix well.
- Fold in egg whites.
- Bake in a waffle maker until golden brown.
Serve with fruit topping and heavy whipping cream or vanilla sauce.