- 3 1/2 cups flour
- 1 cup soft butter
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tbsp. cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground clove
- 1/4 tsp. ground cardamom
- 1 pinch of ground nutmeg
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tbsp. lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350F and line two baking sheets with parchment paper or a silicone mat.
- Knead all ingredients to a smooth dough.
- Divide dough into 6 pieces and roll into logs.
- Place 3 logs on each baking sheet.
- Bake 10 – 15 min.
- For the glaze mix powdered sugar and the lemon juice.
- Brush the glaze on the logs immediately after taking them out of the oven.
- Cut logs diagonally into 1-inch pieces and let them cool on the baking sheets.