Oktoberfest Roasted Chicken
There would not be a German fair without roasted chicken. In 2017 more than 500.000 chicken were served at the Oktoberfest in Munich, Germany.
- 1 whole free range chicken
- 1 bunch parsley
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 1 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup dark beer
- 2 tsp. coarse salt
- 1 tsp. coarse pepper
- 1 tsp. ground paprika
- 1/2 tsp. curry powder
- 1/2 tsp. celery salt
- 1/2 tsp. ground rosmary
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Clean chicken and pat dry with a kitchen towel.
- Mix spices, with melted butter, oil and beer.
- Rub chicken with mixture inside and out.
- Wash bunch of parsley and lay into the chicken.
- Place breast side up on a rack in a roasting pan.
- Bake uncovered, brush every 20 min. with the remaining spice-butter-oil mixture until golden brown, to a minimum internal temperature of 180 F.
Traditionally served with potato salad or a Kaiser roll.