How is it called in German?
What is it?
German mulled wine with orange juice.
German Christmas Glühwein
If you ever visited a German Christmas market you will notice the wonderful smell of mulled wine all over the place.
You can find many versions of Glühwein and this recipe features a white wine orange mulled wine which is has a lovely fruity flavor.
On our page you will find more recipes for German mulled wine. From the traditional red spiced Gluehwein to more contemporary recipes with cranberries and ginger.
- 3 cups white wine
- 1.5 cup orange juice
- 3 tbsp. honey or brown sugar
- 1/2 organic lemon
- 2 cloves
- 1 cinnamon stick
- Add white wine and orange juice to a medium sized sauce pan and heat on medium low.
- In the meantime, slice half of a lemon in slices and discard the end piece.
- Pour in honey and mix well. I like to microwave the honey for about 15-20 sec. in the microwave so it will blend easier.
- Add the cinnamon stick, cloves and the lemon slices.
- Let sit on medium heat for about 10 to 20 min.
- Remove spices and serve hot with a few Christmas cookies.
Serve hot with your favorite German Christmas cookies.
Linzer Style cookies like “Terassenplätzchen” or “Spitzbuben” are a perfect fit for this Glühwein.