German Red Cabbage Salad
One of the traditional sides to all kind of German dishes are cabbage salads.
Servings: 4 Portions
- 1 small head of red cabbage
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. pepper
- Remove outer leaves of cabbage, cut into 8 wedges and remove core.
- Shred the wedges finely and add to a bowl.
- Add vinegar, oil, sugar, salt and pepper to a small pot and bring to a boil.
- Pour hot mixture over the shredded cabbage.
- Knead the salad for about 3 to 5 min. and refrigerate for at least 1 1/2 hours before serving.