Bread Dumpling Logs
- 18 oz. bread cubes or stuffing mix
- 4 eggs
- 2 ½ cups milk
- 1 ½ sticks butter
- 1 large onion
- 1 tbsp. salt
- 1 bunch parsley
- Melt butter on medium heat in a medium sized pan.
- Peel onion, cut into fine cubes and add to the pan.
- Cook onions until soft and translucent. This will take about 5 to 10 minutes.
- In the meantime mix eggs, milk and salt.
- Remove parsley stems and chop the leaves finely.
- Add bread cubes to a large bowl.
- Pour milk mixture over the bread cubes and mix well.
- Add onion mixture and parsley to the bowl and mix well again.
- Allow the bread mixture to rest for about 1 hour.
- Bring about 1 gallon of water to a boil in a large pot.
- In the meantime prepare four 2-feet long sheets of non-stick aluminum foil.
- Add one quarter of the bread mixture on each sheet and roll into a log. Twist both ends of the log to close tightly. Make sure the rolls are filled well and no air pockets have build.
- Set rolls into the boiling water and let simmer on medium heat for 45 min.
- Remove rolls from the water, let cool to touch and remove foil.
- Cut each log into ½-inch slices, brush with butter and serve.