German Green Beans
The German cuisine is known for the love of meat dishes. But what is not very known, that every dish comes traditionally with at least one vegetables side or a salad. One of these traditional vegetable sides are Speckbohnen, which are green beans with bacon and a special spice twist.
- 1 ½ pounds green beans
- 5 oz. bacon
- 3 tbsp. butter
- 1 tbsp. water
- 1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tbsp. salt
- 1 tsp. pepper
- ¼ bunch fresh marjoram or 1 tsp. ground marjoram
- Clean the ends of the green beans and cook for about 5 min. in salt water.
- Slice the bacon and fry in butter on medium heat for a couple of minutes.
- Add water and Worcestershire sauce to the bacon and cook for another couple of minutes.
- Add beans to the bacon, sprinkle with salt, pepper and marjoram and allow to sit on medium heat for about 5 min. before serving.