German Meat Salad
Learn how to make this German favorite snack named “Fleischsalat”. It only takes 10 minutes to throw together. “Fleischsalat” is a kind of sandwich spread that consists of bologna, mayonnaise, onions and pickles. You can find it in any German supermarket and every German butcher.
- 2 pounds bologna slices
- 1 large onion
- 24 oz. bread and butter pickles
- 2/3 cup mayonnaise
- 2/3 cup sour cream
- 1 tbsp. mustard
- 1 tbsp. pickle juice
- 1 tbsp. salt
- 1 tsp. pepper
- 1 tbsp. sugar
- Mix mayonnaise, sour cream, mustard, pickle juice, salt, pepper and sugar in a large bowl.
- Peel the onion and cut in half. Slice finely.
- Drain the pickles and cut them into strips.
- Cut the bologna in half and cut into ¼ inch strips.
- Add everything to the bowl and mix well.
- Allow to marinate for a couple of hours in the fridge.
- Serve with fresh bread or rolls.