German Schnitzel Sandwich
Learn how easy it is to make a great German Schnitzel Sandwich. Our Kaiser rolls make the perfect host for this sandwich. You will find the recipe in the description below the video.
Servings: 4 Sandwiches
- 4 pork schnitzels/cutlets without bones
- 2 tbsp. mustard
- 1 tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. pepper
- ½ tsp. paprika powder
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp. milk
- ½ cup flour
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 2 tbsp. lard or vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 4 crusty rolls
- 4 lettuce leaves optional
- 4 bread and butter pickle slices optional
- Condiments of your choice i.e. mayonaise & mustard
- Rinse the schnitzels and tap dry with a paper towel.
- Add mustard, salt, pepper and paprika powder to a small bowl and mix well.
- Brush the schnitzels on both sides with the marinade.
- Add flour and bread crumbs each to a deep plate.
- To a third deep plate add the milk and the egg and whisk together.
- In a large pan heat lard and butter over medium high heat.
- Lightly coat the schnitzels with flour and shake off the excess.
- Dip into the egg mixture and finally into the bread crumbs.
- Place into the pan and fry on each side until golden brown.
- In the meantime, cut open the rolls spread condiments of your choice on each side.
- Add the lettuce and pickle and place the warm schnitzel on the roll.