What is it?
This non-alcoholic drink is a mixture of orange soda and cola.
How is it called in German?
Most large beverage manufacturers sell similar products, though most of them only in the German speaking countries of Europe. Examples are Schwip Schwap by PepsiCo or Mezzo Mix by the Coca-Cola Company. Also most grocery store chains sell generic brand versions of the drink as well, usually called “Cola-Mix”.
- Orange soda plus 1 tbsp. of lemon juice
- Sanpellegrino Aranciata
- Chill cola and orange soda overnight in the fridge.
- Add a tbsp. of lemon juice to a glass or mug.
- Fill half full of orange soda and then fill it up with cola.
- Even drinks in Germany are often served without ice, Spezi tastes the best served chilled.
- At the Oktoberfest and in Beergardens Spezi is often served in beer mugs.
- Garnish the glass with a wheel or slice of fresh orange.