Marzipan Stollen Bites
- 2 eggs
- 14 tbsp. cold butter
- 1 cup flour
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour
- 2/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1 pinch of salt
- 11 oz. marzipan
- 2 tbsp. lemon juice
- 2 tbsp. pure almond extract
- Powdered sugar to taste
- Separate eggs into two small bowls.
- Cut cold butter into 1/2-inch cubes.
- To a large bowl add flour, almond flour, powdered sugar, salt, egg yolks and cold butter.
- Knead to a smooth dough.
- Separate dough into four pieces and shape each quarter into a rectangle.
- Cover each rectangle with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350F and line baking sheets with parchment paper or a silicone mat.
- Crumble the marzipan between your fingers and mix with egg whites, lemon juice and almond extract to a creamy consistency.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out one square of dough to 1/4-inch in thickness.
- Spread one-quarter of the marzipan mixture on top of the dough and roll up carefully.
- Cut the roll into 1-inch slices and place on the prepared baking sheets.
- Repeat until all dough is processed.
- Bake for about 12-15 min.
- Allow cookies to cool on baking sheets.
- Sprinkle heavily with powdered sugar.