Jam Stacker cookies are similar to Linzer cookies, but with the double amount of jam and yumminess.
How are these Christmas Cookies called in German?
The cookies are called "Terrassenplätzchen".
How to pronounce "Terrassenplätzchen"?
Listen to this audio file to hear how to say "Terrassenplätzchen" in German.
Jam Stacker Cookies were always one of my favorite Christmas cookies. Not too sweet, fruity and incredible moist and tender.
They store incredibly well and will stay fresh for a long time.
Authentic German Jam Stacker Cookies Recipe
Jam Stacker Cookies
- 11 tablespoon butter
- 2 ⅛ cups flour
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ cup cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 small jar of your favorite jam
- to taste powdered sugar
- Cut butter in ½-inch cubes.
- In a large bowl blend flour with baking powder.
- Add sugar, vanilla sugar, butter, and the egg.
- Knead to a smooth dough.
- Shape dough into a square, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 min.
- Preheat oven to 325F and line baking sheets with parchment paper or a silicone mat.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll the dough out to ¼-inch in thickness.
- Cut cookies in sets of three – small, medium and large.
- Place them on the baking sheets.
- Bake for about 10 min or until edges are light golden.
- Allow cookies to cool on the baking sheets for a couple of minutes, then transfer to wire racks to cool completely.
- Place a small amount of jam on the largest cookie, top with a medium cookie, add a small amount of jam on the medium cookie and top with a small cookie.
- Dust with powdered sugar.
Use different jam combination in a cookie to give them a special flavor touch.