This German buttercream features a creamy rich chocolate flavor.
How is Buttercream called in German?
Buttercream is called "Buttercreme".
How to pronounce "Buttercreme"?
Listen to this audio file to hear how to say "Buttercreme" in German.
Authentic German Buttercream Recipe
German Chocolate Buttercream
- 1 stick soft unsalted butter
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 tsp. vanilla paste
- ⅛ cup cocoa powder
- ⅓ cup dark chocolate chips
- 1 ½ cups powdered sugar
- Beat the butter on high speed for about 5 minutes until light and creamy.
- In the meantime, melt the chocolate chips in the microwave for 30 sec. Stir well and repeat for 15 sec. Stir until the chocolate is smooth.
- Add the cocoa powder, vanilla paste, melted chocolate and salt to the bowl.
- Beat on high speed for about 3 – 5 min.
- Add half of powdered sugar and beat on medium speed for about 2 min. Add the other half of the powdered sugar and beat on high speed for another 3 – 5 min. until the frosting is light and fluffy.