German mulled wine with orange juice.
If you ever visited a German Christmas market you will notice the wonderful smell of mulled wine all over the place.
You can find many versions of Glühwein and this recipe features a white wine orange mulled wine which is has a lovely fruity flavor.
On our page you will find more recipes for German mulled wine. From the traditional red spiced Gluehwein to more contemporary recipes with cranberries and ginger.
How is Mulled Wine called in German?
Mulled wine is called "Glühwein".
How to pronounce "Glühwein"?
Listen to this audio file to hear how to say "Glühwein" in German.
Authentic German Gluhwein Recipe
White Wine Orange Mulled Wine - Weißer Orangen Glühwein
- 3 cups white wine
- 1.5 cup orange juice
- 3 tbsp. honey or brown sugar
- ½ organic lemon
- 2 cloves
- 1 cinnamon stick
- Add white wine and orange juice to a medium sized sauce pan and heat on medium low.
- In the meantime, slice half of a lemon in slices and discard the end piece.
- Pour in honey and mix well. I like to microwave the honey for about 15-20 sec. in the microwave so it will blend easier.
- Add the cinnamon stick, cloves and the lemon slices.
- Let sit on medium heat for about 10 to 20 min.
- Remove spices and serve hot with a few Christmas cookies.
How to Serve German Glühwein?
Serve hot with your favorite German Christmas cookies. Linzer Style cookies like “Terassenplätzchen” or “Spitzbuben” are a perfect fit for this Glühwein.