Learn how easy and fast you can bake a rustic German bread. This bread is very tasty and stays fresh for at least a week.
Every culture has its own take on bread. For example, the Italians have their focaccia and French baguettes while in Germany there are many different types of breads depending on where you live or what region you’re from.
How is Bread called in German?
Bread is called “Brot”(n).
How to pronounce “Brot”?
Listen to this audio file to hear how to say “Brot” in German.
How to make a Loaf of Rustic German Bread Video Tutorial
Authentic German Rustic Country Bread Recipe
- 2 cups white flour
- 1 1/4 cups wheat flour
- 1 cup rye flour
- 1 tbsp. instant yeast
- 1 tbsp. coarse Kosher salt
- 1 tbsp. bread spice blend
- 1 1/2 tbsp. honey
- 1 1/3 cups warm water
- In a large bowl blend flour, salt, yeast, and bread spice.
- Add honey and warm water and knead for about 5 min.
- Allow dough to rest for about 10 min.
- Form the bread and cover with clean kitchen towel.
- Allow to rest for about 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 425 Fahrenheit.
- Generously spray water on the floor of the oven and bake the bread for 10 min.
- Then reduce the heat to 375 and bake for an additional 20 - 30 min.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1 Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g