Contemporary Bavarian party food.
This hearty finger food is a great idea for your Oktoberfest buffet.
This German finger food is so easy and fast to make and still very decorative.
How is this appetizer called in German?
The little snack is called “Weisswurst-Häppchen”. “Weisswurst” is the German word for white sausages and “Häppchen” are small bites.
How to pronounce “Weisswurst-Häppchen” in German?
Listen to this audio file to hear how to say “Weisswurst-Häppchen” in German.
Bavarian White Sausage Bites Recipe
- 4 Bavarian Sausages (Weißwurst)
- 4 Soft Pretzel Sticks
- 8 tbsp. Bavarian Mustard
- Fill a saucepan with water and bring to a boil.
- Take the saucepan off the heat and place sausages in the hot water.
- Cover the pan with lid.
- Let sit for about 15 minutes.
- Let cool to the touch and remove the skin carefully.
- Cut the sausages and the pretzel sticks into inch-thick slices.
- Add Bavarian mustard on each pretzel roll piece and top with a Bavarian sausage slice. Assemble with an appetizer pick for easy consumption.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g
Use our DIY appetizer stick printables to make your own Oktoberfest inspired appetizer picks for just a few cents.
Incude your kids. It is a great activity and these cute little appetizer picks make a great decoration for all of your German inspired food.