Fresh fruit that is threaded onto wooden sticks and covered with chocolate.
Chocolate Covered Fruit Kebabs
Chocolate covered fruit skewers are a staple at all German Christmas markets and fairground festivals.
Juicy fruit pieces covered with a chocolate icing. The recipe’s origin can be traced back to the last century. Who exactly invented the chocolate icing is controversial, but we know it tastes amazing and gives cakes, pastries, cookies and fruit a beautiful finish.
How is this delicious treat called in German?
Chocolate covered fruit kebabs are called “Schoko-Fruchtspiesse”.
How to pronounce “Schoko-Fruchtspiesse”?
Listen to this audio file to hear how to say “Schoko-Fruchtspiesse”.
How to Make Chocolate Fruit Kebobs Skewers Recipe
- 16 oz. of your favorite chocolate
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 pound of your favorite fresh fruit
- 4 Skewers
- Melt chocolate and coconut oil in a double boiler.
- Stir occasionally until smooth and well combined.
- Prepare fruit to bite size pieces.
- Spear the fruit pieces on the skewers.
- Hold the fruit by the skewer and dip them into the chocolate mixture.
- Hang over a medium bowl to let the chocolate dry.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g
Use dark, white or milk chocolate.
This recipe is a good idea if you have leftover chocolate and fruit on hand to make a quick sweet treat.