How is this dessert called in German?
What is Käsesahne Dessert?
A creamy dessert based on quark with mandarin oranges.
German Cream Cheese Cake Dessert
Käsesahne dessert is a creamy German cheese cake dessert inspired by the popular German cake called Käsesahnetorte.
This cream dessert is the perfect finale for your next German inspired dinner.
German Cream Cheese Cake Dessert - Käsesahne Dessert
- 2 cups quark or 1 cup Greek yoghurt plus 1 cup sour cream
- 2 ¼ cups Greek yoghurt
- 1 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 1 tbsp. lemon extract
- 1 lemon zest and juice
- 1 tbsp. gelatin
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 cans mandarin oranges
- 4 oz. Butterkekse (German butter cookies) or vanilla wafers
- Drain mandarin oranges and save the juice.
- Add the gelatin to a microwave safe bowl and add about 2-3 tbsp. of the mandarin orange juice on top of the gelatin. Stir well and set aside.
- Whip the heavy cream until stiff peaks form.
- To a large bowl, add quark or sour cream with yoghurt, a pinch of salt, sugar, lemon zest, lemon juice, lemon extract and mix well for a couple of minutes.
- Microwave the gelatin mix for about 30 sec.
- Stir well and add to the bowl with the cream mix.
- Whisk for a couple of min. and make sure everything is well combined.
- Fold whipped cream into the cream mixture.
- Carefully blend the fruit into the mixture.
- Layer cookies and the cream mixture alternating in glasses or a serving bowl.
- Chill for at least 4 hour or overnight.
You can make this dessert with all kinds of berries instead of mandarin oranges.