German Breakfast Pastry
If you want to pamper your sweetheart on a Sunday morning with a cozy and delicious breakfast, just bake these German breakfast pastry chocolate croissants.
This delightful German pastry also make a great fit for afternoon coffee or any time from morning to afternoon. These sweet biscuits with chocolate fillings are always a great choice and easy to make.
German Chocolate Crescent Rolls
- 4 cups flour
- 2 ¼ tsp. dry yeast
- ½ cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 6 tbsp. butter soft
- 1 cup milk lukewarm
- 1 egg
- 1 bar of your favorite chocolate
- To a large bowl, add flour, yeast, salt, and sugar and mix well.
- Cut the soft butter into pieces.
- Add the butter, the egg and the lukewarm milk to the bowl.
- Knead to a smooth dough.
- Cover with a clean kitchen towel.
- Fill a larger bowl with warm water and place the bowl with the yeast dough into the water.
- Let rise for about 1 hour.
- In the meantime, cover a baking sheet with baking paper and cut the chocolate bar into 12 equal sized pieces.
- Knead the dough briefly on a lightly floured work surface for a couple of minutes.
- Roll the dough out to a round shape of about 1/2-inch thickness.
- Cut the dough into 12 equal triangles.
- Place one piece of chocolate on each triangle and roll up to a crescent.
- Place the crescents on the baking sheet.
- Crack the egg into a small bowl and mix well, then brush the crescents with the egg wash.
- Allow to rise for 15 minutes while heating the oven to 400F.
- Bake for about 10-15 minutes until golden brown.
- Let cool completely and dust with powdered sugar.
Dust with powdered sugar. This will give you a wonderful presentation of these delightful German pastries.