What is it?
A nut based vegan spread.
How is it called in German?
“Wurst” is the German word for “Sausage”.
Vegan Liver Sausage
This vegan liver sausage has the same look and feel of coarse German “Leberwurst” and makes a perfect vegan alternative for every Oktoberfest party.
- 1.5 cups walnuts
- 1 large tomato
- 1 tbsp. tomato paste
- 1/2 onion
- 1 tsp. marjoram
- 1/2 coarse salt
- 1/2 coarse pepper
- Soak walnuts overnight in water.
- Drain walnuts and blend smooth.
- Remove seeds from tomato and slice in small cubes.
- Grate onion finely and add with tomato cubes to blender.
- Pulse a few times and add mixture to a small bowl.
- Season the mixture and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
Add some of your favorite spices to experiment with different flavors.