What is it?
Mashed up rice crackers mixed with flavorful ingredients formed into small appetizer balls.
How is it called in German?
Vegan Steak Tartare
Vegan steak tartare is not only for vegans a great choice. Even non-vegans love that appetizer.
The mixture can be shaped into small balls with an ice cream scoop or plated with a food molding ring.
- 1 cup cold water
- 4 cups rice waffles (crumbled)
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 1 small red onion
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 drop Liquid Smoke
- 2 tsp. pink salt
- 1/2 tsp. coarse black pepper
- Pour water into a large bowl, add tomato paste and mix well.
- Crumble rice waffles into small pieces.
- Squeeze garlic clove through press, and dice onion finely.
- Add crumbled rice waffles, garlic and onion to the water mixture.
- Season with Liquid Smoke, salt, and pepper and stir well together.
Spread leftover rice waffles with peanut or almond butter and decorate with bananas or other fresh fruit.