What is it?
German beer inspired dessert.
“Bier” is the German word for “Beer”.
Wheat Beer Tiramisu
Try this delicious dessert with a slightly bitter note as delightful finale of your German dinner.
Serving Tip Video
- 1 package ladyfingers
- 3 medium-sized bananas
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- 2/3 cup heavy whipping
- 1 pinch of salt
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2/3 cup German wheat beer
- 4 tbsp. honey
- 2 tbsp. cocoa powder
- Peel the bananas, cut them into thin slices and drizzle them with lemon juice.
- Beat heavy whipping cream with the sugar and a pinch of salt until peaks form.
- In a medium sized bowl mix the sour cream and half of the honey (2 tbsp.) until well combined.
- Fold in heavy whipping cream.
- Mix the honey with the wheat beer until well combined.
- Dip the ladyfingers one by one into the beer mix and place them into individual half-pint dessert glasses or a small casserole pan.
- Arrange about half of the banana slices on top of the ladyfingers.
- Evenly spread half of the sour cream mix on top.
- Repeat steps 6 to 8.
- Cover the dessert and place for 3-4 hours in the refrigerator.
- Sprinkle with cocoa powder and decorate with a couple of banana slices and a mint leaf.
Try this recipe with different beers to find your favorite flavor.
Serve with a tiny glass of the same beer as a dessert.