Homemade marzipan paste is so much better for you and your family. No fillers, no preservatives or other nasty ingredients. It is easy to make and keeps quite well in the fridge.
Homemade Marzipan Recipe
- 1 quart water
- 1 ½ cups whole almonds with skin
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tbsp. rose water OR
- 1 tbsp. pure almond extract plus 1 tbsp. water
- Bring water to a boil and add almonds.
- Let boil for about 2 min.
- Strain and let cool on a clean kitchen towel for a few minutes.
- Press almonds out of their shell by using your thumb and pointer finger.
- Grind almonds in a food processor to a very fine texture.
- Add the ground almonds, powdered sugar, and liquid to a large bowl.
- Knead to a smooth dough.
- Shape into 2 logs, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until usage.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 oz. Serving Size: 1 oz
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 144Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 90mgCarbohydrates: 13gFiber: 2gSugar: 10gProtein: 4g
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.