How is roasted chicken called in German?
A chicken is called "Grillhuhn" or "Grillhähnchen".
How to pronounce "Grillhuhn" and "Grillhähnen" in German?
Listen to this audio file to hear how to say "Grillhuhn" in German.
Listen to this audio file to hear how to say "Grillhähnchen" in German.
Authentic German Roasted Chicken Recipe
Oktoberfest Roasted Chicken
- 1 whole free range chicken
- 1 bunch parsley
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 1 tbsp. vegetable oil
- ¼ cup dark beer
- 2 tsp. coarse salt
- 1 tsp. coarse pepper
- 1 tsp. ground paprika
- ½ tsp. curry powder
- ½ tsp. celery salt
- ½ tsp. ground rosmary
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Clean chicken and pat dry with a kitchen towel.
- Mix spices, with melted butter, oil and beer.
- Rub chicken with mixture inside and out.
- Wash bunch of parsley and lay into the chicken.
- Place breast side up on a rack in a roasting pan.
- Bake uncovered, brush every 20 min. with the remaining spice-butter-oil mixture until golden brown, to a minimum internal temperature of 180 F.
How to Serve Oktoberfest Chicken?
Serve with potato salad, a slice of bread or a kaiser roll.