In the mood for a jaeger schnitzel? But there is no German restaurant near by or you don´t want to stand in the kitchen to bread and fry schnitzels?
This pork tenderloin recipe is the perfect when you are looking for a fast dish that tastes amazing.
How is this dish called in German?
The dish is called “Schweinelendengeschnetzeltes in Jägerrahmsoße” or brief “Rahmgeschnetzeltes”.
How to pronounce “Jägerrahmsoße”?
Listen to this audio file to hear how to say “Jägersoße” in German.
How to make German Pork Tenderloin with Creamy Mushroom Sauce Video Tutorial
Authentic German Rahmgeschnetzeltes – Pork Loin with Creamy Mushroom Gravy Recipe
- 2 ½ pounds pork tenderloin
- 1 large onions
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 1/2 tbsp. garlic paste
- 3 tbsp. mustard
- 1 tsp. of sugar
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- Cut the pork filet lengthwise in half and cut into small slices.
- Peel the onions, cut into halves and slice.
- Melt butter over medium high in a large pan and sauté onions and garlic paste for a couple of minutes.
- Add the meat and fry for an additional couple of minutes.
- Add the sugar and mustard and fry for another couple of minutes.
- Add the heavy whipping cream and Worcestershire sauce.
- Season with salt and pepper and simmer at medium-low for about 5 – 10 min.
- Serve with noodles, rice, or mashed potatoes, and a side salad or vegetable dish.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g
You can make this recipe with chicken breast instead of pork if you prefer a different meat choice.