In the mood for a jaeger schnitzel? But there is no German restaurant near by or you don´t want to stand in the kitchen to bread and fry schnitzels?
This pork tenderloin recipe is the perfect when you are looking for a fast dish that tastes amazing.
How is this dish called in German?
The dish is called “Schweinelendengeschnetzeltes in Jägerrahmsoße” or brief “Rahmgeschnetzeltes”.
How to pronounce “Jägerrahmsoße”?
Listen to this audio file to hear how to say “Jägersoße” in German.
How to make German Pork Tenderloin with Creamy Mushroom Sauce Video Tutorial
Authentic German Rahmgeschnetzeltes – Pork Loin with Creamy Mushroom Gravy Recipe
- 1 large onion
- 16 oz. cremini mushrooms
- 2.5 lb. pork tenderloin
- 2 tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp. oil
- 3 tbsp. butter
- 1 2/3 cups white wine or apple juice
- 2 cups heavy cream
- salt & pepper to taste
- Slice the pork tenderloin into bite-sized strips and roughly cut the onion.
- Clean the mushrooms and slice them.
- In a large pan heat 1 tbsp. and fry half of the tenderloin strips for a couple of minutes on both sides.
- Salt and pepper the meat slices right before you set the meat aside.
- Repeat that step with the remaining oil and meat. Make sure to don´t overcook the meat, it should be not fully cooked as it will cook more in the sauce later on.
- Set the second batch of meat away and melt the butter in the same pan.
- Add the onion and fry until slightly browned.
- Add the sliced mushrooms and fry for a couple of minutes.
- Sprinkle the mushrooms with the flour.
- Stir well and fry again for a couple of minutes.
- Pour in the white wine and let simmer for a few minutes until the liquid has reduced to about half of the amount.
- Then add the heavy cream and simmer for another few minutes. For a lighter version of this recipe you could use half and half.
- Add the meat including the meat juices to the pan and let simmer down to the desired thickness.
- Taste and salt and pepper to taste if necessary.
- Serve with rice, spaetzle or dumplings and a vegetable side dish.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 510Total Fat: 35gSaturated Fat: 18gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 185mgSodium: 140mgCarbohydrates: 8gFiber: 1gSugar: 2gProtein: 32g
You can make this recipe with chicken breast instead of pork if you prefer a different meat choice.