Homemade raspberry sauce is the classic companion for Bavarian cream.
Homemade raspberry sauce is the traditional companion for Bavarian Cream.
It is also a perfect hostess gift packaged in a decorative jar with a nice gift tag. You will find printable gift tags for this delicious sauce in our “Extras” section.
How are Raspberries and Raspberry Sauce called in German?
Raspberries are called “Himbeeren”. Raspberry sauce is called “Himbeersoße” in German. The letter “ß” resembles two letter “s”. The German word for Sauce is depending on the region and the changing in writing rules: “Soße”, “Sosse” or “Sauce” in German.
How to pronounce “Himbeerensoße”?
Listen to this audio file to hear how to say “Himbeersoße” in German.
Homemade Raspberry Sauce Recipe
- 1 pound frozen raspberries
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tbsp. lime juice
- 1 tsp. cornstarch
- Add raspberries and sugar to a saucepan.
- Dissolve cornstarch in the lime juice and add mixture to the sauce pan.
- Simmer over medium heat.
- Stir until raspberries break down, about 5 to 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and strain sauce through a fine-mesh strainer to remove seeds.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2 Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g
This delicious fruit sauce can be made with all kinds of berries and cherries.