A nut based vegan spread.
This vegan liver sausage has the same look and feel of coarse German “Leberwurst” and makes a perfect vegan alternative for every Oktoberfest party.
How is liverwurst called in German?
Liver wurst aka liver sausage is called "Leberwurst".
How to pronounce "Leberwurst"?
Listen to this audio file to hear how to say "Leberwurst" in German.
Vegan German Liverwurst Recipe
Vegan Liver Sausage
- 1.5 cups walnuts
- 1 large tomato
- 1 tbsp. tomato paste
- ½ onion
- 1 tsp. marjoram
- ½ coarse salt
- ½ coarse pepper
- Soak walnuts overnight in water.
- Drain walnuts and blend smooth.
- Remove seeds from tomato and slice in small cubes.
- Grate onion finely and add with tomato cubes to blender.
- Pulse a few times and add mixture to a small bowl.
- Season the mixture and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Add some of your favorite spices to experiment with different flavors.