Vegan at the Munich Oktoberfest? A few years ago, it was hard to imagine.
However, times change. That’s why the hosts of the famous Munich Oktoberfest have been serving vegan and vegetarian dishes for several years now.
How do you call this dish in Bavarian German?
The dish is called “Veganes Brettl”. “Brettl” is the Bavarian German word for a board or platter.
How to pronounce “Veganes Brettl”?
Listen to this audio file to hear how to say “Veganes Brettl” in German.
Vegan Oktoberfest Platter Recipe
- 4 portions vegan steak tartar
- 4 portions vegan liverwurst
- 4 vegan burger
- 1 Oktoberfest radish
- 1 large cucumber in slices
- 4 medium tomatos in quarters
- 4 pretzel rolls
- 4 slices farmer´s bread
- Arrange all items on a serving platter or wooden board.
- You can prepare the platter several hours before serving, if you cover the platter and store it in the fridge until you are ready to serve.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g
Serve with homemade vegan German bread or vegan pretzel rolls.