Vegan Bavarian Burger Patties
These patties look just like the Bavarian meat originals and are a great alternative for vegans and vegetarians.
Vegan Bavarian Patties
- 6 oz. kidney beans
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- Optional chili powder to taste
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tbsp. ground marjoram
- 1/2 cup parsley
- 1 red onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 4 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 drops Liquid Smoke
- Finely chop parsley, onion and garlic.
- Add to bowl and mix with olive oil.
- Add kidney beans, bread crumbs, flour, and seasoning.
- Mash by hand or a fork to a smooth texture.
- Form patties and fry in oil of your choice golden brown.
Serve with potato salad, a slice of homemade bread or a Kaiser roll.
You can use any kind of beans instead of kidney beans to create more variations.