Wheat beer punch is not only the perfect drink for your next Oktoberfest party. It will be a popular drink at any BBQ or summer event.
This refreshing drink is easy to make and can be made with many different flavors.
How is this drink called in German?
Wheat beer punch is called "Weissbierbowle".
How to pronounce "Weissbierbowle"?
Listen to this audio file to hear how to say "Weissbierbowle" in German.
Authentic German Wheat Beer Punch Recipe
Wheat Beer Punch
- 24 oz. frozen or fresh raspberries
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 bottle raspberry syrup 16.1 oz. (see recipes notes for important details)
- ½ cup raspberry schnapps alternatively raspberry vodka or plain vodka
- 1 bottle Riesling wine
- 6 bottles wheat beer
- Add sugar, syrup, wine and schnapps to a large bowl.
- Stir well until the sugar is completely dissolved.
- Add the raspberries, cover the bowl and refrigerate for 2 to 6 hours.
- Stir in the beer carefully right before serving.
I use a German brand raspberry syrup. Some of the American brands are sweeter and more intense. Start by adding 4 oz. and adjust the sweetness and intensity to your liking.
Yield: 1portionCalories: 117kcalCarbohydrates: 23gProtein: 1gFat: 0.4gFiber: 4gSugar: 19gNet Carbohydrates: 20g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Try with different fruit and serve in small glasses as an aperitif. You can use canned of fresh fruit.