Attention beer fans! This beer tiramisu is something for you! Creamy, sweet, and with the taste of your favorite beer.
Try this delicious dessert with a slightly bitter note as delightful finale of your German dinner.
How is this dessert called in German?
Wheat beer tiramisu is called “Weissbier Tiramisu”.
How to pronounce “Weissbier”?
Listen to this audio file to hear how to say “Weissbier” in German.
Serving Tip Video
Authentic German Wheat Beer Tiramisu Recipe
- 1 package ladyfingers
- 3 medium-sized bananas
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- 2/3 cup heavy whipping
- 1 pinch of salt
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2/3 cup German wheat beer
- 4 tbsp. honey
- 2 tbsp. cocoa powder
- Peel the bananas, cut them into thin slices and drizzle them with lemon juice.
- Beat heavy whipping cream with the sugar and a pinch of salt until peaks form.
- In a medium sized bowl mix the sour cream and half of the honey (2 tbsp.) until well combined.
- Fold in heavy whipping cream.
- Mix the honey with the wheat beer until well combined.
- Dip the ladyfingers one by one into the beer mix and place them into individual half-pint dessert glasses or a small casserole pan.
- Arrange about half of the banana slices on top of the ladyfingers.
- Evenly spread half of the sour cream mix on top.
- Repeat steps 6 to 8.
- Cover the dessert and place for 3-4 hours in the refrigerator.
- Sprinkle with cocoa powder and decorate with a couple of banana slices and a mint leaf.
Tip: The dessert should be prepared the day you will serve it. Otherwise the ladyfingers will get too soggy.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g
This dessert is perfect if you want to use up a started beer. Try this recipe with different beers to find your favorite flavor.
Serve with a tiny glass of the same beer as a dessert.