What is it?
Bienenstich ice cream is a German ice cream dessert created by Angeal Schofield in 2018.
Bee Sting Ice Cream
Bee Sting Cake Ice Cream
- 1 3/4 cups heavy whipping cream
- 14 ounces 14 oz. cold sweetened condensed milk, fat-free or regular
- 1 tbsp. vanilla paste or extract
- 1 pouch instant vanilla pudding (4 Servings) (i.e. Jell O Simply Good Pudding Mix, Instant, Vanilla Bean)
- 1/8 cup honey
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup almond slices
- 1 cup mini vanilla wafers
- Refrigerate the sweetened condensed milk in the fridge overnight or place it into the freezer for about 2 hours.
- Add the sugar and the honey to a pan and melt over medium heat.
- In the meantime, line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add the almond slices to the pan and caramelize for a couple of minutes until nicely browned.
- Spread the mixture on the baking sheet and let cool down completely. Then break it apart in bite-sized pieces.
- Whisk the cold heavy whipping cream until peaks form and set aside.
- Add the cold condensed milk and the instant vanilla pudding to the stand mixer bowl and whisk on high for about 2 min.
- Fold the heavy whipping cream into the pudding mixture.
- Add the almond brittle and the vanilla wafers to the mixture and fold in until everything is well combined.
- Transfer the mixture to one large or several serving-sized airtight containers.
- Freeze the ice cream for a minimum of 4 hours or overnight.
If you are looking for an authentic recipe of German Bee Sting cake you can find it here: