Bienenstich ice cream is a German ice cream dessert inspired by the flavors of the traditional German bee sting cake aka "Bienenstich Kuchen". Invented by Angeal Schofield in 2018.
This German ice cream is inspired by the popular bee sting cake. It is an irresistible combination of honey, caramelized almonds with a rich vanilla pudding flavor, and soft vanilla cake pieces. It is delicious and rich and you don´t even need an ice cream machine to make it.
How is Bee Sting Ice Cream called in German?
Bee Sting Ice Cream is called either "Bee Sting Eiscreme".
How to pronounce "Bienenstich Eiscreme"?
Listen to this audio file to hear how to say "Bienenstich Eiscreme" in German.
Authentic German Bee Sting Ice Cream Recipe
Bee Sting Cake Ice Cream
- 1 ¾ cups heavy whipping cream
- 14 ounces 14 oz. cold sweetened condensed milk fat-free or regular
- 1 tbsp. vanilla paste or extract
- 1 pouch instant vanilla pudding 4 Servings, (i.e. Jell O Simply Good Pudding Mix, Instant, Vanilla Bean)
- ⅛ cup honey
- ¼ cup sugar
- ⅓ cup almond slices
- 1 cup mini vanilla wafers
- Refrigerate the sweetened condensed milk in the fridge overnight or place it into the freezer for about 2 hours.
- Add the sugar and the honey to a pan and melt over medium heat.
- In the meantime, line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add the almond slices to the pan and caramelize for a couple of minutes until nicely browned.
- Spread the mixture on the baking sheet and let cool down completely. Then break it apart in bite-sized pieces.
- Whisk the cold heavy whipping cream until peaks form and set aside.
- Add the cold condensed milk and the instant vanilla pudding to the stand mixer bowl and whisk on high for about 2 min.
- Fold the heavy whipping cream into the pudding mixture.
- Add the almond brittle and the vanilla wafers to the mixture and fold in until everything is well combined.
- Transfer the mixture to one large or several serving-sized airtight containers.
- Freeze the ice cream for a minimum of 4 hours or overnight.
The ice cream will keep for up to 2 months in the freezer.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Guys, Thanks For sharing this Great Recipe. My Family Loved it. I am definitely sharing this recipe and this website with my friend. Hope they also love it. Thank you again for sharing such a great recipe.